I’m a wife, mom of three boys, and lots of animals. My family and I live in Massachusetts, home of Cape Cod and Plymouth Rock (it’s much less exciting than in the history books, promise!) I’m the author here, and have been writing since 2011. Here you’ll find bits about motherhood, healthy, frugal living, DIY and home – a broad range of topics, but exciting nonetheless!
Before I started writing, I worked for ten years in the dental field, and my most recent position (2013) was with an orthodontic office as their treatment coordinator. Though I love dentistry and orthodontics – motherhood and being home is currently a priority in my life. I love connecting with other moms here, and I hope you’ll be able to do the same here.
Most recently, I merged my two brands — the other being Mom Life Must Haves. You’ll notice that the blog is new and fresh, and that’s because I wanted to bring the two together in alignment with all things motherhood, and clean up some older things that were no longer relevant. Lots more is coming in 2017 – so don’t panic!
I have been known for my kid’s bento lunches and fun food, and while I’m going to continue to share those fun things, I am looking forward to growing this community based on one common denominator – motherhood. The whole reason I began blogging way back when, was to connect with moms. My hope is that this will be a place you’ll come to do the same.
If you prefer to only follow the blog, you’ll love following my personal Instagram and Facebook accounts. If you love Mom Life Must Haves products, you can find the shop Instagram here and shop Facebook here.
Thank you for coming along with me during this transition, I’m excited to get to know you more!
Just for fun, here are some things you should know about me…
- I love coffee, and I like to enjoy it super hot or super cold. Though I usually end up drinking it room temperature.
- I love to be creative! DIY parties and decor are totally my thing, and I’m getting better at documenting them (see our kitchen renovation here!)
- I love baking and cooking. Creating new recipes and fun, adorable snacks keeps my creative juices flowing. I’m pretty sure that if I don’t do these types of things every single day, a little piece of my soul will die.
- We renewed our vows for our tenth wedding anniversary in September 2015. In our backyard! It was amazing, indeed. (see it here!)
- We live on a cranberry bog on the South Shore of Massachusetts. We have two dogs, four chickens, and two goats.
- I do not believe in keeping up with The Jones’ and if you do – I hope I can inspire you to change your mind. I’ve spent the better part of my twenties trying to BE Mrs. Jones, really not worth it, trust me!
- Happiness rules in my house. If what you do doesn’t make you happy, you have no choice but to change it. We don’t do things that dull our spirit (except maybe math homework and laundry.)
I feel like I could go on for hours, but I won’t. I hope you will stick around, and I’d really love to hear from you. You can always shoot me an email to say hello, tell me what you want to read, or chat about collaborating.
I’m usually hanging out on Instagram these days (linked above!), so pop over and say hi!
Other places you can find me? Here are some fun articles I’ve written as a guest blogger, or have been featured in:
- 5 Reasons Packing Lunch Makes me a Terrible Parent / HuffingtonPost.com
- 16 Things parent bloggers can’t live without / HGTV.com
- I am the mom that everyone tells you not to be / HerViewFromHome.com
- How to pack the best kids lunches in 2016 / Bentgo.com
- Stylish two tone kitchen inspiration / Hative.com
- Lunchbox inspiration from Instagram favorites / Bentgo.com
- 4 fun Easter recipes to skip the sugar rush / Hint.com
- Four ways to freshen up your kids lunchbox now / TheMotherEffinTruth.com
- 16 Must have items for parents on the go / HGTV.com
- How to create space in a small property / AHRN.com
- 10 Ways to use your tax refund to improve your home / SelfStorage.com